Simply put, oats are nutritious, being naturally high in “good” nutrients and low in “bad” ones.
Oats are high in:
- Protein (interestingly, wild oats contain from 27-37% protein while cultivated varieties average about 17%). According to the World Health Organization, oat protein is equivalent in quality to soy protein. So, equal to meat, milk and egg protein.
- Soluble fiber (the fiber that helps keep cholesterol levels low)
- Levels of iron, manganese, zinc, and B vitamins
Oats are low in:
- Gluten (some is present, but not nearly as much as in wheat)
- Genetically Modified Organisms (so far, oats are not grown using GMO)
Three Dog Bakery believes oats are the paw-fect ingredient for our treats and kibble. It is a GRRreat source of fiber, which aids in digestion health; and it is packed with important vitamins and minerals. In fact, we love oats so much, they are used in many of our treats, and all of our food!
Check out our awesome Oatmeal Treats:
Oatmeal & Apple Wafers
Oatmeal & Apple Woofers
Oatmeal & Apple Oven Baked Biscuits
Oatmeal & Apple Roll Over Rewards
Itty Bitty Bones – Oatmeal & Apple
Bake to Nature line of Food for Dogs
To see all of our oatmeal options, click here.