Yes, it’s one of the oldest tricks in the book; sneaking your dog your fruits and veggies under the table so you don’t have to eat them. Feeding your dog fruits and vegetables has a plethora of benefits; not to mention they enjoy them too!
Vegetables such as carrots, sweet potatoes, peas, and pumpkins are wonderful additions to a dog’s diet. The powerful antioxidants may help to reduce chronic disease and slow down the rate of aging. They also contain other vitamins, minerals, and fiber beneficial to your dog’s daily diet.
Fruits can also be an important source of vitamins, folic acid and potassium. Again, fiber is another major component to fruit offering benefits like healthy bowels, protection against colon cancer and heart disease. Apples, cranberries, blueberries and bananas are all smart choices while avocado, grapes, and citrus fruits should be avoided. All Three Dog Bakery Natural Meals Bakery Blend products contain cranberries and blueberries or sweet potatoes.
Additional facts about fruits and veggies….
- Low Calorie
- Low Fat
- Wheat, Corn and Soy Free
- Satiated source of water
- All natural and only contain one ingredient
- Free of additives and preservatives
- Dried fruits and veggies are great alternatives to rawhides
- Natural oils good for dogs with dry coats
- Cranberry is good for doggie breath and gums
- Can contain anti-cancer compounds such as Vitamin A and C